At Dream Nannies, security is of paramount importance. All our Childcare Specialists go through a very strict vetting procedure that includes:
- A face to face interview with experienced Dream Nannies Nanny and Babysitting Agency staff
- Verification of identification documents and address
- A clean DBS (Disclosure Barring Scheme). DBS are the old CRB checks. This document is issued by the Disclosure Barring Service, which is a government body set up to check and alert employers and organisations to the presence of any criminal record
- Vetting a minimum of two verbal and two written references
- Checking original First Aid Certificate and childcare qualification documents
Although we are very thorough with our interview and reference process, we do advise our customer families to contact their child carer’s referees independently as well.
Disclosure Barring Scheme (DBS)
In order to work with children, Childcare Specialists require an Enhanced DBS Certificate. This document is a thorough police check that is carried out by the Disclosure team through an agency and an umbrella body. This check results in a certificate that is issued to the individual. Employers can then request this certificate, to ensure that they are recruiting suitable people into their organisation.
All the Babysitters that work at Dream Nannies have a clear DBS. We also advise all our families employing a Nanny to do a DBS check on their new Nanny.