At Hopes and Dreams, security is of paramount importance. All our childcare specialists go through a very strict vetting procedure that includes:
- A face to face interview with experienced Hopes and Dreams Nanny and Babysitting Agency staff
- A trial day at Hopes and Dreams Montessori Nursery School
- Verification of identification documents and address
- A clean DBS (Disclosure Barring Scheme). DBS are the old CRB checks. This document is issued by the Disclosure Barring Service, which is a government body set up to check and alert employers and organisations to the presence of any criminal record
- Vetting a minimum of two verbal and two written references
- Checking original First Aid certificate and childcare qualification documents
Although we are very thorough with our interview and reference process, we do advise our customer families to contact their child carer’s referees independently as well.
Disclosure Barring Scheme (DBS)
In order to work with children, childcare specialists require an Enhanced DBS Certificate. This document is a thorough police check that is carried out by the Disclosure team through an agency and an umbrella body. This check results in a certificate that is issued to the individual. Employers can then request this certificate, to ensure that they are recruiting suitable people into their organisation.
All the babysitters that work at Hopes and Dreams have a clear DBS. We also advise all our families employing a nanny to do a DBS check on their new nanny.
Hopes and Dreams Nanny and Babysitting Agency is registered to be a verifier with our umbrella body, so we carry out DBS checks for all the candidates who need it.
Childcare specialists and families not registered with Hopes and Dreams Nanny and Babysitting Agency:
Hopes and Dreams can carry out the security checks on your behalf if you have found your own nanny, babysitter, mother’s help or maternity nurse.
For any childcare position in the UK, employers are advised to carry out an enhanced DBS check. Although this is not compulsory for families, in our experience this additional security provides complete peace of mind.
We carry out this check online, making an appointment with your carer and asking them to bring specific identification documents with them. Once the check is submitted there will be a short period before confirmation is received. Generally, this takes only a few weeks, although it can sometimes take up to three months.
We can also check references for your nanny. We have experience in speaking to referees so we know the right questions to ask!
|DBS check||DBS + Reference check|