Nanny / Babysitters Security Checks
At Hopes and Dreams security is of paramount importance. Our nannies, babysitters, mother’s help and maternity nurses all go through a very strict vetting procedure that includes:
- A face to face interview with Hopes and Dreams Nanny and Babysitting Agency Manager
- A trial at Hopes and Dreams Montessori Nursery School
- Verification of identification documents and address
- A clean DBS (Disclosure Barring Scheme). DBS are the old CRB checks. This document is issued by the Disclosure Barring Service which is a government body set up to check and alert employers and organisations to the presence of any criminal record
- Vetting a minimum of 2 verbal and 2 written references
- Checking original First Aid certificate and Childcare qualification documents
We also advise our customer families to contact their child carer’s referees independently.
Child carers and families not registered with Hopes and Dreams Nanny and Babysitting Agency:
Hopes and Dreams can carry out the security checks on your behalf if you have found your own nanny, babysitter, mother’s help or maternity nurse.
For any childcare position in the UK, employers are advised to carry out an enhanced DBS check. Although this is not compulsory for families, in our experience this additional security provides complete peace of mind.
We carry out this check online, making an appointment with your carer and asking them to bring specific identification documents with them. Once the check is submitted there will be a short period before confirmation is received. Generally this is only a few weeks, although it can sometimes take up to 3 months.
We can also check references for your nanny. We have experience in speaking to referees so we know the right questions to ask!
DBS + Reference check