Hopes and Dreams Babysitters Limited
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This agreement sets out the terms of our mutual contractual arrangements in connection with the provision of babysitting services.
Hopes and Dreams Babysitters Limited, trading as Hopes and Dreams Nanny and Babysitting Agency, located at 339-341 City Road, Islington, London EC1V 1LJ which shall be referred to as the “Babysitting Agency” in this Agreement agrees to use its reasonable efforts to provide babysitting services to you for your child/ren on the terms and conditions set out below.
For ad-hoc babysitting services we made a distinction between Nannies (childcarers experienced with babies up to two years of age) and Babysitters (childcarers who look after children from 2 years old). For the purpose of these terms and conditions we shall refer to them as Babysitters.
You agree to:
1. Co-operate with us and provide to us and to the appointed babysitter such information as we may reasonable require about your child/ren concerning:
- Any known medical condition, health problem, allergy or diagnosed dietary requirements.
- Any prescribed medication that the babysitter has to administer to the child.
- Any newborn child/ren in the family.
2. Provide your contact details to the Babysitting Agency and to the appointed babysitter working with your child/ren.
3. Ensure that these details are (a) accurate (b) kept up to date, by promptly informing us whenever they change.
4. The Babysitting Agency Office is open 5 days a week (Monday to Friday) 9.00am – 6.00pm (please note slight variations might occur in opening hours). The Babysitting Agency is closed on all public holidays and for 5 working days during the Christmas and New Year’s period. Outside office hours, during the weekend, public holidays and the Christmas and New Year’s festivity season we operate an emergency service only and we can be reached on 077 0231 3729.
5. Bookings can be made through our office by telephone 020 7833 9388 or by email at email@example.com. Babysitters can be found at short notice but it’s preferable to have as much notice as possible to ensure we find the right person for your needs.
6. Although the Babysitting Agency will endeavour to fill in all babysitting requests we cannot guarantee a babysitter if bookings are placed with less than 24 hours’ notice.
7. The Babysitting Agency will always aim to confirm babysitting bookings on the day in which they have been placed; however it can take up to 24 hours to confirm a booking.
8. Although the Babysitting Agency will do its utmost to keep continuity between babysitters and families we cannot guarantee you will have the same Babysitter.
9. Please ensure you provide a meal for your Babysitter if the booking exceeds 5 hours.
10. Please ensure that you leave at least two contact numbers with your Babysitter.
11. For bookings finishing at 10.30pm and thereafter, or in cases in which there is no reasonable public transport, arrangements will need to be made and paid for the Babysitter to go home. The maximum taxi allowance is £30. In the interest of safety if a black cab is unavailable, a mini cab should be ordered through a reputable company.
12. Babysitter’s rates are payable directly to the Babysitter at the end of the assignment. Babysitter’s hourly rate is detailed on the Fee Structure Sheet & Attending Fee Structure Sheet.
13. There is always a minimum of 4 hours charge per booking to be paid to the Babysitter at the end of the assignment.
14. If you cancel a booking with less than 24 hours notice (48 hours for Bank and Public Holidays) the minimum of 4 hours charge will apply.
General Terms and Conditions
15. Babysitting Agency’s fees and Babysitter’s rates are revised annually. One month notice will be given of any changes.
16. Special fees will be issued for public bank holidays and Christmas and New Year festivities.
Registering and using Hopes and Dreams Babysitting Service
(Please note, if your child attends Hopes and Dreams Nursery School the below information is not applicable to you. Please go to point 23)
17. A registration fee is payable to the Babysitting Agency on the date of this Agreement. Please refer to Fee Structure Sheet for detailed information. The registration fee is not refundable.
18. A booking fee is payable to the Babysitting Agency for each day a booking has been placed. Please refer to Fee Structure Sheet for detailed information.
19. A late booking fee will be applicable for each booking placed with less than 24 hours’ notice. Please check Fee Structure Sheet for detailed information. This fee will be added to your booking fee.
20. Payment for the annual renewal fee will be collected from your credit card. Once the subscription has been processed it can be cancelled within 14 days from the renewal payment being collected. After this period expires the annual renewal fee will be non-refundable. Please refer to Fee Structure Sheet for detailed information.
21. You will receive an annual renewal notification a month in advance. If after receiving this notification you don’t want to renew your registration you must opt out in writing by sending us an email or letter.
22. You agree not to employ (or attempt to employ) whether throughout the continuance of this agreement or for a period of one year after its termination, directly or indirectly (via other agencies) employ/entice away an employee or former employee of the Babysitting Agency without previously agreeing to do so with the Babysitting Agency. In the event that a parent does directly or indirectly employ a member of our staff without our knowledge a £2,000 fee will be payable in full to the Babysitting Agency within 30 days from the commencement of such employment.
For families attending Hopes and Dreams Nursery School ONLY
23. Babysitting Agency subscription fees are monthly and will be charged by direct debit to your Hopes and Dreams Nursery School account. Fees are detailed in the separate Attending Parents Fee Structure Sheet and an up-to-date copy is available on request.
24. The minimum registration period is for 3 months. Once a registration has been cancelled, there will be a £25 admin charge for families wishing to re-register within the first 6 months following the cancelation.
25. An extra charge will apply for any changes of bookings after a babysitter has been allocated and confirmed by the Babysitting Agency. Please refer to Attending Fee Structure Sheet for exact charges. This fee will be charged via direct debit.
26. A late booking fee will be applicable for each booking placed with less than 24 hours notice. Please check Attending Fee Structure Sheet for detailed information. This fee will be charge via direct debit.
27. One month written notice is required to cancel the babysitting service.
28. Termination of agreement with Hopes and Dreams Nursery School will automatically cancel your subscription with Hopes and Dreams Babysitting Agency.
29. You agree not to employ (or attempt to employ) whether throughout the continuance of this agreement or for a period of one year after its termination, directly or indirectly (via agencies) employ/entice away an employee or former employee of Hopes and Dreams Nursery School and Hopes and Dreams Babysitting Agency. In the event that a parent does directly or indirectly employ a member of our staff a £2,000 fee will be payable in full to the Nursery School within 30 days from commencement of such employment.
Non-payment of fees
30. In the event of any fees due not being paid within fourteen days of becoming due the Babysitting Agency may terminate the supply of services until the fees are paid in full and the Babysitting Agency is also satisfied that the future fees will be paid when requested.
Suspension of services
31. The babysitting services may be suspended in circumstances or as a result of events that are beyond our control viz:
- Civil unrest, act of terrorism, severe weather conditions, road closures, transport strikes.
In these circumstances you will not be charged for any fees and the Babysitting Agency will not be liable for any expenses you incur due to cancelation of booking.
N.B. The above lists of circumstances are not exhaustive.
Changes to the Terms and Conditions
32. We may change these terms and conditions where such change arises from changes in legislation and regulation affecting us.
33. We may also make other changes in any terms and conditions but we will give you written notice of our intention to do so.
34. Our brochure, promotional material and website describe the broad principles on which the Babysitting Agency is presently run and gives an indication of our ethos. Although believed to be correct at the time of printing, the brochure and other promotional materials do not form part of any agreement between the parents and the Babysitting Agency.
Assignments and Rights of Third Parties
35. The contract is personal to you. You shall not, without our written consent, transfer the benefit of it to anyone else. A person who is not a party shall not have any rights under or in connection with it.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
36. The contract and any dispute or claim arising out of it or in connection with it or its subject matter or information (including non-contractual disputes and claims), shall be governed by the law of England. The courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such dispute or claim.
37. Other than specific policies documents issued by the Babysitting Agency from time to time and the Fees Structure Documents referred to in this agreement and promulgated elsewhere these Terms and Conditions represent the entire agreement between you and the Babysitting Agency.